Toasted Coconut, Crispy Cod, Rice Cake
- 36 Toasted Coconut Spoons
- 2 Cups Canola Oil
- Captain Cod Loin, cut into 1 oz portions
- 1 Cup Flour seasoned with Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Cilantro Sprigs
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a small pot. Toss Cod portions in seasoned flour mix. Carefully place portions in oil using a slotted spoon or spider. Remove from oil when cod is golden brown and floating on surface of oil. Place on a paper towel.
- Combine Rice, Water, Coconut Milk, and salt in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove rice pan and spread in a thin layer on a ½ sheet pan.
- When cool, using a #30 ring mold, cut circles out and place in bowl of Coconut Spoons. Top with a sprig of Cilantro and fried Cod.
- Serving Size: 36