Crispy Cod and Purple Cabbage Slaw
- 36 Coconut Curry Spoons
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- Captain Cod Loin, cut into 1 oz portions
- 1 Cup Flour seasoned with Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Small Purple Cabbage, thin julienned
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Celery Seeds
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a small pot. Toss Cod portions in seasoned flour mix. Carefully place portions in oil using a slotted spoon or spider. Remove from oil when cod is golden brown and floating on surface of oil. Place on a paper towel.
- Place cabbage in a bowl and toss with sugar and salt. Transfer to a colander and let sit for 1 to 4 hours.
- Whisk Oil, Lemon Juice, Celery Seed, and Black Pepper and toss with cabbage.
- Fill each bowl of spoon with a small amount of cabbage, top with fried cod, and garnish with Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Serving Size: 36